Friday 16 October 2009

Chanel Haute Couture



Origami and Chanel are two subjects that have always fascinated me (I have actually mastered the art of making paper swans which may not seem alot to all the pro's out there but I'm proud of it), but this just tops the icing on the cake. In January 2009 (yes i do know this is old news but shut up and read) Karl Lagerfeld's monochrome designs took fourty+ people working night and day to create 6000 paper flowers for the shows head pieces. Not a inkling of jewellery was allowed but doesn't this prove that you can make something so incredibly beautiful out of nothing? To me, it doesn't get much better than this. I can honestly say to anyone and everyone that's reading this post... this is what inspires me to work within the fashion industry. We may be in a recession but Largerfeld hits the economic crisis back with the statements; “The whole crisis is like a big spring housecleaning -- both moral and physical,” also adding; “bling is over. Red carpet covered with rhinestones is out. I call it ‘the new modesty’.” “We are entering a phase of reality fashion.” said Lagerfeld. “This is right. This is exactly what Chanel did; she wore the clothes she designed. We talk about the financial crisis, but it is also healthy. People who have been making 20% increase, year after year, and then are not making 20% any more, they are not poor. So don’t cry for them. We have got into bad habits and it is not a bad thing to have a new starting point.” Lagerfeld I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment